Bass lessons: free on UK digital TV!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DaveBeny, Jul 16, 2004.

1. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I noticed a small notice in the most recent issue of Bass Guitar Magazine that I thought I would bring to other UK TalkBassers' attention.

Channel 475 on Sky Digital: Musicians Channel

It seems to be a channel dedicated to music lessons and showcases for new artists.

I haven't been able to see this channel yet, as I'm away from home at the moment. Hopefully some other TBers can report on the quality of the bass lessons on the channel.
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I've flicked onto it a few times and it wasn't that interesting to me - it was mostly adverts and performances by unknown bands/people - I saw a few dull guitar tuition bits, with smug Americans that really put me off and I haven't bothered since....:meh:
  3. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    The bass lessons are few and far between. I've been trying to catch one to see if they are worth taking note of, but have yet to see one due to the fact they have one a day, of which they keep changing the time.

I have however caught a few of the (many, many) drum and guitar shows. To me the instructors, as good as they might be able to play, were not meant to teach, let alone on TV.

Their descriptions are very quick and odd as far as i can see.

As soon as i catch one of these programmes, i will give it a review.

Matt :bassist: