1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Magazine: Ed Friedland is back doing reviews!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LoTone, Feb 1, 2019.

1. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    Ed has just posted a video on his Bass Whisperer TV channel explaining that, he will start doing reviews again for a new magazine founded by some of the staff that used to work at Bass Player magazine. Also, Ed mentions that, as a world travelling musician, he will share some insights about his experiences on the road.

Ed is living the life!

2. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    hqdefault.jpg

TolerancEJ and ErikP.Bass like this.
  3. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  4. Man, those are really good news, he is the #1. Youtube was really missing a guy like him

jerry likes this.
  5. edfriedland

edfriedland

Sep 14, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the enthusiasm! I will be shooting for one gear review a month, plus the weekly road report. If I can handle more, I will. The new magazine is essentially all the names you know from BP, Chris Jisi, Jon D’Auria,Elton Bradman, Jim Roberts, Karl Coryat, Freddie Villanova, Rod C Taylor, John Goldsby... and more. I know some people are fine with the direction Future US has taken BP, but apparently many advertisers are NOT. We will keep doing what we do, and do it even better without the limitations imposed on us by clueless suits. Anyway, thanks for remaining interested in that aspect of my work, I wouldn’t mind if you told all your friends to subscribe to my channel, as well as the new Bass Magazine!

Attached Files:

Inara, J_BassV, woodyng2 and 8 others like this.
  6. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Ed, when are you guys going to start accepting subscriptions?

7. edfriedland

edfriedland

Sep 14, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I believe you can subscribe now on the website.

8. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    It says 'coming soon' on the page.

9. edfriedland

edfriedland

Sep 14, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Well, the first issue is set for March 1, until then, it’s social media feed stuff, but much of the content is ours, opposed to just reposts.

jerry likes this.
  10. fretlessbass

fretlessbass Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I really appreciate what you guys are doing: Bass Player has gotten really WEIRD since being taken over: I've subscribed since its beginning; sad to say, I'll be letting my subscription run out!

11. John Goldsby

John Goldsby Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Bassist @ WDR Big Band Cologne, Columnist — BassMagazine.com, Conservatorium Maastricht, NL
    It's great to see Ed back in the saddle for the new bassmagazine.com venture. I'll be contributing woodshed articles, plus I have an interview with Larry Grenadier about his new ECM solo-bass release scheduled for the March launch. Onward and upward!

kobass, jerry and Joshua like this.
  12. edfriedland

edfriedland

Sep 14, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Glad to see John Goldsby will be keeping it real for Bass Magazine!

Joshua and jerry like this.
  13. John Goldsby

Mar 4, 2003
    Bassist @ WDR Big Band Cologne, Columnist — BassMagazine.com, Conservatorium Maastricht, NL
  14. jerry

Dec 13, 1999
    Hey you guys, maybe you can answer a question for me. How come they only &^%*ed with Bassplayer and left Guitar Player alone.;) I'm still stoked about your new endeavor.

15. John Goldsby

Mar 4, 2003
    I don't know, to be honest with you. There are greater minds than mine worrying about these questions . . . :)

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020