Bass Magazine to order?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by charles21o7, Sep 25, 2004.

1. I want to suscribe to a bass magazine, so which one should i choose?? I only know of bassplayer and bass world. Bass world seems more apealing, cause player seems to focus more one new crap bands. So what say youze guys??
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

What do you mean Bass Player focuses on new crap bands? If you think that then you haven't really looked through Bass Player much. The most recent issue has features on Brian Wilson, Lemmy, Simon Gallup of The Cure and a jazz guy. The one before that had features on Mike Dirnt of Green Day, Chris Wolstenholm of Muse and 30 year session vet Leland Sklar. The one before that had features on Les Claypool, Michael Anthony of Van Halen and jazzer Larry Grenadier. I just happened to have those three issues sitting close by.

I don't know of any current bass magazines that have more of a diverse selection of features and interviews than Bass Player.

brad cook
  3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002

Have you, uh, read Bass Player? At all?

Anyway, I'd reccomend the Bass Guitar Magazine published in the UK. GREAT mag. I'm getting a free subscription to BP through my mom's school (she's a grade 1 teacher), but I'd much prefer it to be UK BG.
  4. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    I have every issue of Bass Player since inception (except summer 1990 which I'm looking for if anyone has it!). I think they are the most thorough and unbiased. Plus if you collect them you can search their website for certain articles/reviews/profiles and see which issue it's in.
    I've bought the new one (bass world?) twice so far, not bad but seems to not be as varied on players. Bassics was cool, kinda small though.
    The Japanese Bass Player mag is excellent, lots of transcriptions and a cd with a ton of lesson examples that are also transcribed. I always try and pick one up when I'm there, even though I can't read any of the articles.