bass mags in England???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tresdirnt, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Right. I live in England. Can you lot recommned a bass mag and where I can get it from. I'm on the Isle of Wight and there is not one anyhwhere I can see. Thanks.
  2. purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    "Guitarist" magazine usually incorporates quite substantial sections on the bass, and certain branches of WHSmith stock "Bass Player", which is an American publication.

Otherwise, get a subscription from the InterNet.
  3. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Guitarist mag has recently reduced quite considerably the amount of bass coverage - and there wasn't that much to start off with.

Definetly one to read in the shop and leave on the shelf.
  4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Since Bassist & Bass techniques folded we have been really stuffed! Depends what you want it for - they do have the US "Bass Player" magazine at larger WH Smiths where I live (Brighton), but I don't know about the Isle of Wight!

But the gear that is mentioned in Bass Player quite often, never makes it to the UK and so it can just be a source of frustration.

I like Double Bassist magazine, but this is very difficult to get hold of outside of London.

My view is that since Bassist's demise "TalkBass and the internet itself is the best thing - I mean you can find out more here and then follow links to manufacturers' and shop's websites - I've got a lot more from this than reading magazines - although I do usually get Bass Player every month.
  5. Thanks a lot guys. I will investiagte this bass player magazine.