1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass/Mid Boost/ Cut Knob

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SnuffdaCrimeDog, Mar 7, 2008.

1. SnuffdaCrimeDog

SnuffdaCrimeDog

Jul 24, 2006
    Ok so I bought a new Fender Jazz Bass. The bass is described as a "power bass" I assume because it has active pickups. I don't know to much about the bass, and one thing kinda has me pondering about the bass. My old squire which is a passive bass only has three tonal knobs on it. The two knobs that control each pick up, and the treble boost. This new bass has 4 knobs Master Volume, Pick up selector, which is cool, and this new knob which is the only thign about the bass I dont get. The knob is labled as a Bass/Mid Boost/Cut. I havent really turned it down all the way, the tone doesnt sound to great when I turn it halfway down. I'm wondering, if I were ot turn this knob all the way down would it be equivilant to my old squire, or is this knob just giving me further control of my tone?