Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass missing from shipping

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by C-5KO, Aug 4, 2005.

1. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    This bass was lost in shipping. I just wanted to put this notice out, just incase the unthinkable happened, and somebody sees it for sale.

The shipping company is still tracing it (fingers crossed). They say it will take 5-10 days. I figured I'd post this, because if it is for sale or somebody is trying to pawn it, it will show up before then.

I only have a picture of it unfinished.

elrick 6 string classic
    wenge neckthru
    gabon ebony fingerboard
    burled walnut top/back
    walnut body
    bart soapbars

it should stand out.

front

http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/s...&password=0&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500&page=1

back

http://www.talkbass.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1694&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500

i'll try to post regular pics later on tonight, so you won't have to click on the links

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Best of luck.

3. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks.

A quick update:

I spoke to somebody important and they said that they paged the driver, and he said it never went out. so, theoretically, it should still be at the arrival port. they're re-checking.

(it's like a emotional rollercoaster ride!)

4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    What shipping company was it? I hope it gets recovered. I have a bass in transit right now with UPS that got a rescheduled delivery and even that is making me nervous.

5. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I really don't want to say, yet. I don't want to put any blame if possible. I just want my bass.

But, my advice is call them, and make sure you know, and they know, where the package actually is.

6. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I know where mine is now, they must just be backed up and had to reschedule for tomorrow. Right now it's in CT so it's on the way.

How did you find out yours was lost?

7. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    It was scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. So I called to find out what was going on. It was held up at the border for a bit... I understood that much.

Then close to the end of the day comes, and still no bass. So I called at around 5 or 6, and they said that it was shipped out on Tuesday after 6pm. If something leaves after 6pm, it won't arrive on time for Wednesday. Ok so that I understood. They said to call back Thursday morning.

This morning I called. And they said that they would "trace" it, because they didn't know where it was. They said that if it left Tuesday 6pm, it should arrive Wed anytime, or Thurs morning - which it hadn't. I just found it so odd, that it left Tuesday 6pm, and couldn't be found for all of yesterday, and looks like today.

When I talked to somebody higher, they said that they would look into it more in depth for me. They had the driver paged, and he said that he never left with it. I don't know if this is good or bad news. If he didn't leave with it, then they should have it? Or they don't have it, so he should have left with it? Which one is it...?

8. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Held up at the border..sounds like an Ebay purchase possibly? Hopefully it was insured. Is it a bass that if it was insured, you could get again elsewhere?

9. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    OK. so they think they've found it along the travel route.

I'm not asking any questions, only that they verify it is the right package. they're getting back to me later today, and if it is, they're going to try to deliver it to my work tomorrow.

I apologise if i sounded in a panic, and possible jumped the gun in posting this thread. But that whole thread about the Benevente going missing at NAMM really freaked me out - how he tried to sell it within 24hrs.

If they package is confirmed to be my bass, i'll delete the thread.

10. I don't think you jumped the gun at all man, good luck with all this, my fingers are crossed!

11. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    As a purchaser of many basses that have had to be shipped I can sympathize with ya, even though it has never happened to me, I can imagine if it did. I got a bass in the works now, and yeah stuff like that can relly freak you out. Hope everything comes out fine and your piece will find its way home.

12. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I know exactly how you feel... FedEx almost lost my Sadowsky. Luckily they tracked it down and delivered it to the right place... took about 7 days.

Good luck.

13. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    +1.

Let's not forget that this forum reunited a stolen Sadowsky and it's owner... I love this place.

Shawn

14. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada

Yep. Although I didn't post in your thread, I did follow it, imagining what it would be like for me. Funny how things like that happen.

A small update:

I asked them to measure the package to make sure it was the correct one. I probably should have asked them to open it, but why complicate the situation. She said that it was the right size package. They're still finding out what happened in the first place. Her guess was that since the truck was leaving for their warehouse and my package was running late, somebody put my bass on without scanning it first - to try to deliver it on schedule. I could see how something like that would happen.

It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow at work... I'm quite relieved, but still won't be satisified until it's in my hands, and I'm pumping out low B's. I hope it doesn't arrive with an empty case filled with magazines! :rollno:

Now I have to figure out how to get my rig into work without anybody noticing. :D

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    all good,

many of us (myself included) have been there. :(

but congrats, sounds like a killer bass!

16. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey! Thanks! I was considering selling the one we went through all the trouble with, BUT just can't let it go... instead I'm sitting on a huge cc bill.

You never did get back to me what you strung it up with? Were they Sadowsky strings?

17. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass

Congrats! I'm glad it worked out for you.