1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bass mounted standby (or on-off) switch

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by miner49er11, Apr 18, 2009.

1. miner49er11

miner49er11

Jun 24, 2006
    Jagsonville
    How do you wire a switch that accomplishes this into a bass EQ circuit? I see that Fodera uses a switch called this. I want one! ...the switch that is, can't afford the Fodera.

2. If you are wanting to kill the signal to the output jack, you need to install a switch on the hot wire just before it goes to the jack. I used a two pole rotary swith from an old Gibson guitar. It has a 1/4" shaft and is the size of a tone pot. I could not find any supplier that listed them on the internet but I am sure there are some.

3. miner49er11

miner49er11

Jun 24, 2006
    Jagsonville
    You just break the signal, no need to ground it? Is this what the Planet Waves cable switch does, just open the circuit?

4. Why add something else to the signal path that really is only used when you are not playing?
    I have always found the rotary standby switch that comes with virtually all basses to be more than adequate.