1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Multi Effects Pedal Recommendations

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rmichael, Jan 13, 2013.

1. rmichael

rmichael Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Central Illinois
    Hey all! I have a silly question. I'm searching for a recommendation for a bass pedal that will allow the ability to plug in a .MP3 player, my bass and a pair of headphones which will hopefully allow me to hear both clearly enough to learn cover material. Does any such unit exist and if so, can someone give me a recommendation for a good one to purchase?

I'm thinking that some of the bass multi effects pedals allow the ability to do this while also offering the abilty to use amp modeling to get your sound but I'm not for certain.

Any advice?

Regards,

Ryan

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Korg pandora's are pretty good for this type of application. Small, convenient, and easy to use with an external MP3 player.

However, do you have an ios or android device, as there a number of guitar connecting dongles and amp sim/fx apps that are wonderful for quiet practice and learning material.

3. Sounds to me like you need a Zoom B3.

4. TorontoAlex

TorontoAlex

Nov 28, 2011
    Toronto
    I have the B3, and I use it to practice all the time with headphones, and I use the amp modeling with it. Keep in mind it only has a USB connection, which is what I send my music through from my Mac. It has neither a 1/8, nor an RCA input, so if you want use it with a portable MP3 player you'll need to grab some sort of adaptor cable.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021