Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass/music related dreams?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NoNoise, Apr 29, 2005.

1. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed I went to jam with a band I was trying to join and my cabinet wouldn't kick out enough sound for me to be heard :bawl: . I actually woke up in a frenzy, because I actually am looking for a band right now and that would really, really stink!!! Anyway, there's no real point to this post except that I find it amusing that I'm dreaming about such things. :D Anyone else have dreams about bass problems?

2. oddly enough, I learned how to play Tommy the Cat in a dream aswell have writen a few songs while dreaming, only to wake up and play them like they were natural

3. olesne

olesne

Mar 25, 2005
    I always have dreams that whatever group i am playing with at the time decide to replace me without telling me. :crying:

4. years ago, I started out playing drums. I was a drummer for about 4 years.

One night, John Bonham and Stewart Copeland came to me in a dream - they told me to stop playing drums; that I should find another instrument.

I will forever, be in their debt.

:bassist:

5. I actually dreamt last night that I met Paul McCartney at a book-signing tent, turned down his autograph (I don't do 'em; I'm not a groupie of celebrities), then hung with him a while, comparing bass lines to Beatles songs. Wierd but cool. :hyper:

6. I have these dreams where I write some amazing music, but when I wake up, I'm lucky if I remember half of it.

I had such a dream last night, actually.

7. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    The other night I dreamt I was eating tacos at some kind of black tie function full of famous and important people, and I was trying to explain the whole-tone and diminished scales to Donald Rumsfeld.... :eyebrow:

I'm really scared to know where that one came from.

8. aftershock

aftershock

Apr 26, 2005
    I drempt I saw myself playing and I was wearing a coverall jumpsuit and wearing Paul Gray's mask(his most recent one) from Slipknot. :cool: Kinda scarry though. :eek: Dreaming of playing like that when in reality I play bass for Jesus at church.