1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass/music related dreams?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NoNoise, Apr 29, 2005.

1. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamed I went to jam with a band I was trying to join and my cabinet wouldn't kick out enough sound for me to be heard :bawl: . I actually woke up in a frenzy, because I actually am looking for a band right now and that would really, really stink!!! Anyway, there's no real point to this post except that I find it amusing that I'm dreaming about such things. :D Anyone else have dreams about bass problems?

2. oddly enough, I learned how to play Tommy the Cat in a dream aswell have writen a few songs while dreaming, only to wake up and play them like they were natural

3. olesne

olesne

Mar 25, 2005
    I always have dreams that whatever group i am playing with at the time decide to replace me without telling me. :crying:

4. years ago, I started out playing drums. I was a drummer for about 4 years.

One night, John Bonham and Stewart Copeland came to me in a dream - they told me to stop playing drums; that I should find another instrument.

I will forever, be in their debt.

:bassist:

5. dls59

dls59 Supporting Member

I actually dreamt last night that I met Paul McCartney at a book-signing tent, turned down his autograph (I don't do 'em; I'm not a groupie of celebrities), then hung with him a while, comparing bass lines to Beatles songs. Wierd but cool. :hyper:

6. I have these dreams where I write some amazing music, but when I wake up, I'm lucky if I remember half of it.

I had such a dream last night, actually.

7. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    The other night I dreamt I was eating tacos at some kind of black tie function full of famous and important people, and I was trying to explain the whole-tone and diminished scales to Donald Rumsfeld.... :eyebrow:

I'm really scared to know where that one came from.

8. aftershock

aftershock

Apr 26, 2005
    I drempt I saw myself playing and I was wearing a coverall jumpsuit and wearing Paul Gray's mask(his most recent one) from Slipknot. :cool: Kinda scarry though. :eek: Dreaming of playing like that when in reality I play bass for Jesus at church.