Bass Music/Tab Editor

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by wannabe_bassist, Nov 7, 2002.

1. wannabe_bassist

wannabe_bassist Guest

Jan 25, 2002
    I am looking for some software that will allow me to enter in guitar tab, bass tab and lyrics......

......and then print it out nice and HUGE.

Our little garage band is now starting to play some songs together and I wanted to print out a song (with all the TAB and lyrics) on an HP Plotter and then hang it on the wall so we can all learn it together. Everyone in the group thinks this is a great idea. But most of the software packages I have seen to not support bass tab or lyrics or bass/guitar together or only print to 8.5 x 11.

Any thoughts? What do you guys do when you are beginners and begin learning songs? This seems like a great idea since we can all follow along, correct ourselves, try again and follow the lyrics and our parts.

2. Tiwaz

Sep 22, 2002
    Try PowerTab Editor , it's free and easy to use.
    Dunno about the printing sizes , but you could always print it out on transparent sheets and use an overhead projector.

Anyways here's where you can d/l the tabbing software:
  3. jani_bjorklund

May 22, 2002
    Maby TablEdit is the prog that will do it. I have used it for several years and it certanly can print bass and guitar tab (or standard notation for that matter) om the same sheet of paper. If you would like the printout larger I think you would have to use a copier to enlargen the image.
  4. My comeback post... It’s been a while.

I use guitar pro. It allows you to write tabs and lyrics. You can have bass, guitar, keyboards, drums etc all in one tab file. The good thing is that you can also press the play button and the program plays what you have tabbed (that way you really know it is perfect). However it costs some money. It is also available illegally in the usual places around the net - but I won’t recommend that (just so no one can say "he said it to me").

Guitar pro tabs can be found at