1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Music

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by YeahBoi, Mar 26, 2009.

1. YeahBoi

YeahBoi

Mar 26, 2009
    I play the cello, and have been for 7 years and ive been trying to pick up the bass since it is more practical and similar. But i cant read the tabs, at all. I can read bass clef but i cant really find any bass music. Is there anywhere to get standard bass clef music of modern songs? Any help on this would be great, also id like to have the standard music to play on my cello as well.

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

There are tons of places that sell songbooks and individual sheet music. If you can read bass clef then you have no need for TAB.

Here are a few places that sell songbooks and sheet music:

Bass Books

Sheet Music Direct

Music Notes

3. caillean

caillean

Mar 2, 2008
    east anglia
    I went from cello to bass - and just kind of threw the music out for awhile to get used to the changes! Sometimes I wish I'd played the violin, not the cello and changed - coz that would have been easier ............ I can't read tabs at all - keep thinking that the numbers are fingerings - I get SOOOO confuddled :(

4. Mad Russian

Mad Russian

Aug 25, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Isn't this the TAB section?