Bass Mute Business For Sale

Discussion in 'TalkBass Bazaar: Misc' started by Lee Barker, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Lee Barker

Lee Barker Labor of evident value satisfies the soul.

Oct 25, 2005
    Redmond, Oregon
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass, No Longer In Production.
    Price:
    $300
    You may have heard of the Barker Bass Mutes. When there is a discussion on TB about mutes, usually these are mentioned.

Ed Friedland is a user of the mutes and has mentioned them in his instrument reviews.

I have been manufacturing the mutes for about 8 years now. They are particularly popular among players who are after the Jamerson sound, though there are bassists through many genres who use them.

They come as a set of two, which can be used singly or in tandem to create varying degrees of mutossity.

I am retiring from building Barker Basses and I would like to see someone continue this cottage craft which has been a nice little side thing through the years.

The sale price includes oodles of raw materials, photographic instruction in a three ring binder, and ten completed sets of mutes. It would be helpful to have access to a bandsaw to build the mutes. Other than that, no specialized equipment is required

They have sold at $19.95 postage paid US.

DSCF1880.JPG DSCF1873.JPG
    Please email me (Lee Barker) for more pictures of the materials. I'm happy to answer any questions anytime.
    [email protected]

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021