1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass neck cracked HELP!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by abcdefranklin, May 10, 2010.

1. My bass has a minor crack on the neck. its right under the tuner. What should I do? The bass is a ibanez srx2ex2

2. put a sticker on it

3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Post pictures. There are a billion ways to handle a crack, but it depends on how bad it is and how much structural integrity is compromised.

4. Pictures would help. It sounds like it is actually on the headstock... is your bass staying in tune? If so, then depending on the pictures, I would leave it alone and not worry about it.

5. :/

Attached Files:

6. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    You're fine. That's a crack from the screw holding it in.

As long as the nut on the front of the tuner is securely in place, all that screw does is keep the tuner from spinning.

7. Ok phew i started getting all worried thank you so much. Is there anything i should do just to make sure the crack doesnt get any bigger?

8. Just make sure not to tighten the screw any further and it will be fine. I do not think that it is necessary to get the glue out yet.

9. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    it shouldn't be a problem, but you could always carefully flow some thin CA glue into it that may help impede it from growing any larger.

10. thanks so much guys!