1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Neck Issue.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by driftersinc, Mar 16, 2008.

1. driftersinc

driftersinc

Jul 10, 2006
    Flushing, NY
  2. driftersinc

driftersinc

Jul 10, 2006
    Flushing, NY
    If I am to custom made a new neck for it, where should I go and how much would it cost?

3. Hi.

I'd repair it as the custom neck would just pump up the total cost too high.

Regards
    Sam

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Repair it if possible. A custom neck will cost way too much. It's doubtful you could find a replacement neck either.

You might be better off not buying it and instead look for something else in good condition. There is an abundance of good used basses at bargain prices.

5. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    62 knows what he is talking about. That is a difficult repair to make. If you are not a woodworker of the highest order, this repair should be taken to a pro. Then it will be a difficult and expensive repair.

6. zero2492

zero2492

Mar 15, 2008
    I'd bang it in with a hammer :)

Its pretty cheap and it looks like a fun thing to tear apart!

7. As stated, pass. more headache than it's worth at pretty much any price. It might be a good parts donor if you can get it REALLY cheap.
    Josh

8. dbcandle

dbcandle

Jan 30, 2008
    Dang! What did they string that thing with? Steel rods! :(

9. I'd avoid it like the plague if I were you.

10. driftersinc

driftersinc

Jul 10, 2006
    Flushing, NY
    I've given it up, thank you guys! ;)