Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass neglect remorse?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xyllion, Jul 30, 2004.

1. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Do any of you suffer from this malady? I actually find that I feel bad if one of my basses sits in its case for too long. Mind you, I only own 5 basses. In fact, I don't think I could really own more because there is no way that I could give more than 5 basses the playing time that I like to give each one.

Am I totally weird in this or do some of the rest of you feel like I do?

2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    I do, but not usually for the bass's sake. I'm down to three basses now, and each one is special. I normally swap 'em occaisionally just to be "wow"ed by each one... over and over again.

Lately, though, I've been stuck on this CAR 44-01... and it could last a while.

3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I'm down to two basses, but my Lakland 55-01 never sees the light. Anyone want to buy it? :)

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Had one and ended up selling it. Me and B strings just don't seem to mix. I've also given up on 35" scale.

5. Out of my 4 basses, only my 5-String Yamaha BBG5S gets played...Once in a while, I'll pull out one of the others (Lately I've been playing my recent acquisition, '72 P-Bass). Strangely however, my 6-String g**tar has been getting more play lately, than all 4 basses combined!

6. This is why I have my basses on stands, for easy access. If ever I suddenly get the urge to play one in particular, I can do it easily. It should be noted, however, that I only have 2 basses! :D

7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    With 3 kids and a dog, I try not to leave my basses on the ground where they can be trampled.

8. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Since I've moved into my dorm in college, I haven't touched my Geddy Lee for over a month! I do play my ESP every day though...

I can't wait to go home so I can bring up that Geddy.