Bass neglect remorse?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xyllion, Jul 30, 2004.

1. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Do any of you suffer from this malady? I actually find that I feel bad if one of my basses sits in its case for too long. Mind you, I only own 5 basses. In fact, I don't think I could really own more because there is no way that I could give more than 5 basses the playing time that I like to give each one.

Am I totally weird in this or do some of the rest of you feel like I do?

2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    I do, but not usually for the bass's sake. I'm down to three basses now, and each one is special. I normally swap 'em occaisionally just to be "wow"ed by each one... over and over again.

Lately, though, I've been stuck on this CAR 44-01... and it could last a while.

3. I'm down to two basses, but my Lakland 55-01 never sees the light. Anyone want to buy it? :)

4. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Had one and ended up selling it. Me and B strings just don't seem to mix. I've also given up on 35" scale.

5. Out of my 4 basses, only my 5-String Yamaha BBG5S gets played...Once in a while, I'll pull out one of the others (Lately I've been playing my recent acquisition, '72 P-Bass). Strangely however, my 6-String g**tar has been getting more play lately, than all 4 basses combined!

6. This is why I have my basses on stands, for easy access. If ever I suddenly get the urge to play one in particular, I can do it easily. It should be noted, however, that I only have 2 basses! :D

7. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    With 3 kids and a dog, I try not to leave my basses on the ground where they can be trampled.

8. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Since I've moved into my dorm in college, I haven't touched my Geddy Lee for over a month! I do play my ESP every day though...

I can't wait to go home so I can bring up that Geddy.