Bass Nirvana. My day at the Music Store.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Jun 21, 2004.

1. So, today I went up to Hames Music in Gaffney, SC. Its a huge 2 story music store that rocks. First thing I see is the bass I want. A Fender Deluxe Active Jazz 4. This thing is a great bass. Versatile as heck, but the D and G strings were set up high (so where you could barely hear them but the E and A were perfect). So, I take it down, set up a SVT-CL with an SVT810 (gotta see what all the hype is about). Definately a reason why so many people love this. GREAT tone, perfect for rock but I liked something even more. I see an Eden WT-400 and a Eden 215. They use these 2 foot speaker cables so I have to set it up so where the head is facing one way and the cab is facing the total other way, I dont have the bass plugged in yet, so I turn the Volume all the way up on the head and turn it on, so I can controll it from my bass. I go to plug in the cord to my bass and a huge BAM almost makes me crap my pants it scared me so bad. I definately felt like an idiot. What was I thinkin? So theres this loud buzzin and all the workers are lookin at me and laughin. Im just standing there like an idiot cause I dont want to set the bass on the floor and walk all the way around, so a worker comes over and turns down the Volume. I say thinks and sith down and start playin. HOLY JUNK. I play some Maxwell Murders, Say It Aint So, Higher Ground, and think to myself. I have reached Tone Nirvana. It was awesome.

EDIT: I also plugged into an Ampeg V-4B through a SWR Henry the 8x8. Sounded deep for 8's, but not my cup of tea. Oh, and Eden is on something because the WT-400 definately does not weigh 15 lbs. I also saw a Trace Elliot T-Bass 5 string there which I found quite unusuall, cause they're kinda rare arent they?