Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Nirvana. My day at the Music Store.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Jun 21, 2004.

1. So, today I went up to Hames Music in Gaffney, SC. Its a huge 2 story music store that rocks. First thing I see is the bass I want. A Fender Deluxe Active Jazz 4. This thing is a great bass. Versatile as heck, but the D and G strings were set up high (so where you could barely hear them but the E and A were perfect). So, I take it down, set up a SVT-CL with an SVT810 (gotta see what all the hype is about). Definately a reason why so many people love this. GREAT tone, perfect for rock but I liked something even more. I see an Eden WT-400 and a Eden 215. They use these 2 foot speaker cables so I have to set it up so where the head is facing one way and the cab is facing the total other way, I dont have the bass plugged in yet, so I turn the Volume all the way up on the head and turn it on, so I can controll it from my bass. I go to plug in the cord to my bass and a huge BAM almost makes me crap my pants it scared me so bad. I definately felt like an idiot. What was I thinkin? So theres this loud buzzin and all the workers are lookin at me and laughin. Im just standing there like an idiot cause I dont want to set the bass on the floor and walk all the way around, so a worker comes over and turns down the Volume. I say thinks and sith down and start playin. HOLY JUNK. I play some Maxwell Murders, Say It Aint So, Higher Ground, and think to myself. I have reached Tone Nirvana. It was awesome.

EDIT: I also plugged into an Ampeg V-4B through a SWR Henry the 8x8. Sounded deep for 8's, but not my cup of tea. Oh, and Eden is on something because the WT-400 definately does not weigh 15 lbs. I also saw a Trace Elliot T-Bass 5 string there which I found quite unusuall, cause they're kinda rare arent they?