Bass Northwest Store

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lowfreqfreak, Oct 25, 2004.

1. lowfreqfreak

Jul 1, 2001
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Basses, GHS Strings
    Anyone who's had experience with this business...
    how was your experience? I'm thinking of buying a used bass from them.
  2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    hmmmm.... is this the right place for this thread?......
    Just saying, it might get more of a response in a different area of TB.
  3. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    I have and they were awesome.. Nuff Said. :hyper:
  4. Jordan

Feb 22, 2004
    Bass NW is a great place to buy a bass from!

I bought a used 55-94 from them one time and a '76 SVT another. I almost ordered a custom Warwick through them recently...

They're great guys to deal with, and great prices.

5. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I've always had that impression, but have never actually bought anything. They just seem to have everything together.
  6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea I saw the thread and the forum it was in and thought that maybe they were selling the store. But then a funnier title would be "Satisfy all your G.A.S with ONE Purchase!!!!"
  7. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  8. I buy pretty much all my equipment secondhand, so I've only found something I wanted and could afford at BNW once. But that was about as satisfying as retail shopping gets...really great guys.
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    if you walk away from BassNW unhappy, then you have the problem. those guys know their gear, know music, know their prices, and don't look to get over on anyone.

10. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA

great guys who know thier stuff.
  11. csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    I also have done business with them. They are great guys to deal with.
  12. willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    I have also done business with them and they are true pros. They are one of the few retailers who actually update their website every week.
  13. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Nope. Moved.

BTW, I bought both of my Bag Ends and my WT-550 from Evan (3 separate transactions) - BNW is a great store!
  14. lowfreqfreak

Jul 1, 2001
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Basses, GHS Strings
    I'll pay attention to where I am posting next time. Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to go through with the purchase. The guys I spoke to at Bass NW were very professional over the phone. Thanks again for helping settle my nerves and doubts.
  15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    No problem dude. You won't have any problems with BassNW.

16. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I've bought three used basses from them, all were BETTER than advertised. Great service overall, highly recommended.
  17. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I bought a bass from Evan and it arrived very quickly. The only downside was that it got delivered on my wife's birthday and she got real excited when the Fedex guy showed up, but quickly got pissed off when she recognized the shape of the box.

Evan has been just great. Thumbs up for BNW!
  18. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    I also bought a used bass from them last month, and it was better than I expected. I got a really nice used Zon and dealt with Evan, great people there and they worked with me to ship out here to Guam with no problems whatsoever. My first choice for any major gear purchases in the future.
  19. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I bought my Berg 112's and Eden WT-550 from Bass NW (Evan) and was totally satisfied with both service, recommendations, and the product. Total pros for sure.
  20. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I don't think you need have any nerves or doubts where you are dealing with a real music store - i.e. one that has definite premises, as opposed to a "virtual" store.

It's not like you're buying from eBay, where there are so many types of possible fraud - this is just a store like any other and in the same way that I'm not getting nervous before going to the local supermarket - I can't imagine having doubts about buying from somewhere like Bass NW or Central etc etc.