Bass Northwest?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Funkateer, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Am considering buying a used amp online from Bass Northwest. Have seen some positive info Bass NW here, but am wondering if anyone has had any problems with them.

2. I've used them 8 or 9 times over the past 3 years, and have found them to be very knowledgeable, helpful, and accomodating. I do not work for them, and I'm not associated with Bass NorthWest in any way. I just speak as I find. Hope this helps

Good Luck -

- Wil

BTW - Welcome to - you'll find many enthusiastic people and lots of help here!
  3. Monkabutt

Monkabutt Guest

Apr 15, 2002
    My house
    Not associated with BassNW in any way other than an VERY happy shopper. I have bought both in person and on line had have found them to be tops in service etc. I had a wall wart A/C adaptor that I bought there melt. Made one phone call and had a replacement in my hand within 2 days at no charge. They are the greatest! I can recommend them without any reservations.

4. Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    I have made several purchases from Bass Northwest. From my experience, their prices are competitive and the level of customer service provided is excellent.
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Chad and Evan at BNW are super, IME!!! Good pricing, (sometimes about the best), customer-focused, and can talk "bass."

Their store and Bass Central are usually the first two places I look when it comes to "nice" gear. The biggest difference between those 2 stores and the rest is that you get expert advice on product selection --- neither store sells any "junk," from what I've seen and bought.

Since you're looking at "used", I would be outright shocked if they sold you something "used" that wasn't in superb condition or in the advertised condition at the very least.

Not affiliated with either store - I just want to see reputable dealers like BC and BNW do well.
  6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Heck, I work at another bass-only shop, and I can say nothing but good about them! :D

(...of course, I still think you otta call me before buying anything! ;) )
  7. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    Top notch guys there!
    I used to order Bartolini pickups through them. They were great at getting them fast - about 2 months if I remember correctly. (Though I'm using Aero now). Very helpful and knowledgeable.
  8. Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Sounds like Bass NW are good guys to deal with. Now I just have to decide between the EBS Gorm 300 2x10 (used) and EBS Drome 150 1x15 (demo) for use with my BTB515 (pre-bartolini). Am concerned about the luggability of the Gorm.
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

That's why Bass Central and Bass NW are the best, IMO - real bassists giving advice on good gear.

Ask them! - you won't get some "salesperson-on-commission" bull-jive. Either store will tell you straight up.
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Two months for Barts???? :eek:

....that's not fast....

Grasshopper here at BC will get 'em to ya in two weeks! :D
  11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Online bass vendors from whom I've made a significant purchase (a bass, at least!), with complete satisfaction (alphabetical order):

Bass Central
    Bass Northwest
  12. I would add Rock City Guitars ( to that list as well. I bought an F Bass from them that I wasn't completely satisfied with, and they busted tail to make everything right. In my experience, they're easily on the same level as BassNW and Bass Central (I have dealt with both). They may not have quite as much in-stock, but they're great people nonetheless.
  13. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Purchased a used SWR Cab from BNW very positive experience. Nice guys no pressure. Great service.

14. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    I've purchased an amp and 2 cabinets from BNW. In addition, I take lessons from Steve Kim out of the store. I have nothing but praise for all of the employees I have interacted with. Incidentally, I think I heard someone playing a Warwick 5 string bass through the EBS Demo unit you mention above. It sounded sweet!
  15. Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    I ended up ordering a demo EBS Drome. Order went without a hitch. Phoned it in on Saturday, shipped Monday, delivered Wednesday. The humongous plastic bag on top of all the packing material (popcorn) was a nice touch, as there must have been about 10 shopping bags full of popcorn in the box. Amp was in great shape, and sounds so much better than the Minx 110 I had been using.
  16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    This is one of the reasons I've never bought anything from them. Ive seen alot of nice stuff but this seems like a weird policy. 3 day approval period & if you don't like it, you'll get your money back 30 days after they receive the item back.
  17. if i'm not mistaken, this policy was discussed at some length in another post
  18. In pretty much any business, you want to maximize payment float so you can earn as much interest as you can before you have to pay out. It's also easier for them to process refunds all in one big batch rather than send them out immediately.

In effect, they're charging you the equivalent of the interest you would have earned on your money in exchange for letting you get refunds. I think that's a lot nicer than "NO REFUNDS, NO QUESTIONS ASKED."
  19. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You shouldn't have any trouble with that. I have friends who have taken advantage of that policy with no probs. Also, it's within 30 days...could be two days but they promise within 30. See Peter's post above for a good explanation.

brad cook
  20. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Always read the fine print!
    psst...I think you should give Gard a call too

brad cook