bass octave pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by borisdig, Nov 2, 2005.

1. looking for opinions of what the best tracking octave pedal would be for a 4 string bass.
  2. iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Not cheap, but the EHX POG should get a look. Octave down, octave up, 2 octaves up. Up octaves with detune. Low pass filter. Great sound clips.
  3. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Definatley not cheap but reckoned by many to be the best there is, polyphony is a significant thing and the variety of options is pretty cool.
  4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
  5. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I've been pretty impressed with the Boss Oc-3. And I dont normally say things like that about Boss pedals.
  6. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    Agreed. One is going to be under my tree on Christmas, for sure. Feel like a kid.
  7. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I've been thinking about an octave pedal as well -- particularly an octave up that you can add distortion or fuzz to. Thoughts? Also, is octave up or down "better" on bass, or is it just personal taste?
  8. Bassin' 'Round

Bassin' 'Round Banned

Apr 30, 2005
    Well, as with most stuff, I think it's what floats your particular boat. For octave down, though, you want to be sure that your speakers can handle it.

But, if you have the coin, you don't need to pick up OR down. The POG can do both at the same time. And more. There's really nothing else like it.
  9. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I agree with the POG, although I find the high octaves make the sound much more like an organ than a bass (unless you get just the right mix of the octaves). However when using a distortion with the POG it results in a HUGE sound (great for an instrumental power trio).