1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass of the tweleve string varitey....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kuys, Sep 24, 2010.

1. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    Does anyone besides for Waterson make a 12-string that is either not discontinued or sub $1000 in price?

My wife and I are working on original material and with only bass and violin; I feel there is a large open spot in the sound that would be filled well by a guitar player but since we don't want to bring anyone else in on the project I figure I'll do both at once! Hence the 12-string.

2. I think theres a Dean Rhapsody 12. I've heard good things.

3. depending on the kind of music, it might work well to use a POG 2 with the bass you have. You can go both one and two octaves up, and down as well, and also make it sound like an organ. It's got its own wet/dry function as well, although I use an Xotic Xblender for that.

4. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    That POG looks amazing but I'm also wanting the 12 for the tuning options I've seen some pretty cool stuff with a 12 string and strange tunings.