Bass-Only Stores in Louisville/Cincinnati/Indianapolis?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by iualum, Jun 6, 2004.

1. iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    For Midwest Bassists...or anyone else who knows.

Are there any bass-only stores that you guys know of in Louisville/Cincinnati/Indianapolis? I can get to any of these 3 cities pretty easily. Would like to check out as many as possible, if any.

If no dedicated bass places, then what stores in these cities do a decent job with high quality basses?

I guess I'm talking about new basses between $1000-2500 & used basses between $500-1500.

2. griff1676

Jul 17, 2003
    Dekalb, Il
    Check out Guitar Center Indianapolis. The last time I was there, they had about 6 Ken Smith basses, and a couple of Laklands. They also have about the best bass inventory(for a GC) that I have seen. Plus they take care of their instruments.
  3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
    bass shop's, don't think there is anything until you get further south...... like Memphis, TN :D and Atlanta has a few as well.
    In Indianapolis, IN the GC there actually specializes in used high End basses. Dave buys a lot of high-end Benavente's, Sukop's, Lakland's, Fodera's, etc. He always has a number of high-end basses in stock.
    Daryl Jones is also in IN. Daryl doesn't have a shop but does have quite a bit of gear at any given time and buys and sells. Here’s his website, although he doesn't update it regularly.

Hope that helps

Edit; GRIFF1676 beat me to the post. But as we both stated, check out GC in IN.
  4. teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    I live in here Cincy and I can tell you there's slim pickin's.
    GC MIGHT have a decent high-end bass now and then (like a USED Warrior they can't sell).

Buddy Rogers Music deals in Roscoe basses and they still have a couple I think.

Mid West Music used to stock SWEET basses but they've hit the skids (if they're even still in business).
  5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder

have you been to the GC in IN?
  6. iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    No, haven't been to the Indy GC, but I will take a look.
  7. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Check out Blueberry Hill Guitars. Jay's his name and he's TBer as well. In the Chicago area. All high end basses and some real beauties at that.
  8. BertBert

Nov 9, 2002
    The Guitar Center in Indy (it's on the north side, off of 86th St. near Castleton Mall) has dozens of basses in stock, with an entire room full of high-end instruments and many more lower- to mid-range basses hanging up on the walls. The selection is quite good, the service hit-or-miss.

I also have to plug our local shop, Guitarworks in Greenwood (south suburb of Indy). They specialize more in high-end acoustic guitars but their bass selection is pretty good, and they're a Warwick dealer. GREAT service and a VERY friendly and knowledgable staff.