1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PrOwLeR84, Jun 7, 2012.

1. PrOwLeR84

PrOwLeR84

Jan 7, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Hello,

I am looking to move from a 5-string BTB575FM to a 6-string bass. I am strongly considering getting the ESP LTD B206SM. I haven't been able to locate one locally to try it out and wanted to know what people thought about it. My budget is kinda low, can only afford between $350 and $450 at the moment. Here is the bass on the website i want to buy it from. http://www.zzounds.com/item--ESPB206SM

Any help would be appreciated.

-PrOwLeR84 :hyper:

2. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Brice manufacturers a 6 string in that price range. Check out Rondo Music

3. mikewnaylor

mikewnaylor

May 24, 2012
    I don't have a 6-string but I have a 5-string ESP Ltd B-55 and I love it. If their other basses are of similar quality, definitely not a bad bass for the money.

4. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    The ESP is not a bad instrument. I've had a couple of students get the Brice basses and they're generally pretty even in quality, but had to have some set up work done.
    You might also hit Ebay and Craigslist to see about getting a used BTB or Ibanez SR506. I've seen some in the shops in Nashville for about $350 or so.

5. PrOwLeR84

PrOwLeR84

Jan 7, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Wow, I checked out the bass, looks nice. I just read the review on it here on talkbass be ceedj back in 09' and it doesn't sound like a bad deal. May be worth looking into. Thanks.

6. PrOwLeR84

PrOwLeR84

Jan 7, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I have played on the SR506, i liked it, don't get me wrong, but not sure. Something about it keeps me from buying it. thanks for the advice though. I do find the BTB series a little on the heavy end, but i do like them too.

7. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    Take a look into the Yamaha TRB bootcamp

A second hand TRB1006 would fit in your price range: is a 35" scale bass, very much as Ibanez BTB575 (good instrument indeed my friend), but is a bolt on (more attack) alder body (warmer soundin') equipped with the same 3 band equalizer, but sportin' probably the best factory soapbars out there!!!

Give it a go, give it a try

Cheers,
    Wallace

8. PrOwLeR84

PrOwLeR84

Jan 7, 2010
    Houston, TX
    WOW, that natural finish is clean. I may have to try and track this one down, just to try and play on it a bit. Thanks...