bass or amp???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CRazY baSsISt, Sep 22, 2000.

1. CRazY baSsISt

CRazY baSsISt

Aug 30, 2000
    Ok i am gonna either get like a bass around $600 or get a $300 or $400 amp.right now i got a fender precision bass and a peavy rage 158 guitar what should i get first?im only 12 and have a paper route wich pays $50 a month.
  2. Andy Long

Andy Long

May 3, 2000
    Go for the amp. Your precision is a great bass and hard to beat for that money, look at Ashdown, although I don't know what the price is like in the States

Andy Long
  3.'ll take a LOT of papers to get an Ashdown :)

That is pretty premium stuff.
  4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I would have said go for the bass, but that "pseudo-amp" you have is a 15Watt 1x8 COMBO!! With a distortion swith of course. :D
    Seriously, you should never had bought that thing in first place. When my guitar player had one, I had a Gorilla GB-30 Bass amp. (I was 15 then , and had a Crestwood P-Bass)
    Now.. I think you can get a good Hartke Combo or Ampeg for that kind of money.
    Look at Ebay, you could find a great deal.
  5. CRazY baSsISt

CRazY baSsISt

Aug 30, 2000
    i bought the amp for my guitar for like $80
  6. Get a Peavey Basic 112. 50w, about $225 new, half that used. If you play with a band, look into higher powered Peaveys.
  7. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Another vote for a new amp!
    Fender Precision is fine, so to say a standard instrument.
    Should you find out someday, that you prefer the distinct sound of some other bass, you can still get one.

8. jfsjbb

Aug 29, 2000
    No doubt about that, your amp is the weakest link in your sound chain.

Get another amp (a <B>real</B> designated bass amp, that is). Lots of players would be happy with a Fender P but have to use cheaper copies. No need to give that away.

Get the best amp you can afford and keep your thing going![​IMG]