Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Oranging/yellowing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Insomniac, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Have you ever seen the headstock on an old Fender? I love that orangey/yellowing color!! i just realized that my RBX is begining to do that! not much but its a different color thatn when i bought it....makes me feel old...this is probobly casued by the bass being exposed to the elements for awhile...but hey i think its pretty damn cool, any comments? any of your basses doing it?

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Headstock on my '75 Jazz is deep orange now...yup...I love that look.

3. Thats what I wnated to do with my bass!!

Give it a natural finish, and sand the varnish to make it look worn :cool:

4. I love that cream color that old white basses and guitars have... but I hate the color of new white guitars.

5. yup! 71 p-bass has a orange headstock. What color was it new?

6. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I dont get it....:confused:

7. The maple on my Jazz bass is definitely darker than when I bought it. I wish the maple on my Tele would hurry up and yellow. It's very light. The yellowed woods look old-school.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    THey do look sweet....my '91 Sting Ray was like that(plus multiple scars from hitting against various stuff like ceiling fans.) My Rick is painted, so I don't get a cool maple headstock...damn it!