Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Overdrive/distortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thunder_Fingers, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    sorry, i know there probaly is alot of these threads, but im stuck...

Im after an overdrive/distortion that can change Between a Geddy Lee'ish overdrive and a Chris Wholstenhome'ish Distortion(and maby heavier..)

Anyway, im looking at the Fulltone Bass-Drive, and im also Thinkin about the Tech 21 Bass XXL.. if someone can please recomend me something? i dont wanna go over 200$(thanks for thoose Lovely American currencys! :p :D )

oh, and if you come in to only try to flame me, sod of.

oh, and an web page where i can buy it from would be nice if you recomend something else..)

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Have you read the reviews in the thread stickied at the top of the forum?

The fulltone is a good choice for what you seek to do, but I have no idea if you'll like it or not.

Have you searched for the word fulltone in this forum? There are *hundreds* of prior discussion threads on this pedal. If suggesting you use the readily available features of the forum to help yourself is flaming, then I'll be sodding off now.

3. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    haha, thanks man...;)
    the only downside is that i live in norway..and the only pedals they have in the stores around here is Boss, EBS, Digitech and Electro-Harmonix.... i need to trust the words of other persons on higher quality stuff...

4. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    The only thing that holds me of the EBS one is the fact that it have no tone control.... i see that as a minus... other than that i liked its sound...