1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass overdrive problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ishalleatyou, Mar 12, 2008.

1. ishalleatyou

ishalleatyou

Sep 7, 2007
    right
    im not sure what the problem is here so please helpp if you have any knowledge:help:
    i have a overdrive effect on my multi-effects pedal and whenever i have it turned on and the bass nob turned on, on my amp it makes the bottom e string sound, i dont know, almost out of tune :confused:but when i turn the bass right the way down on the amp it doesnt sound like that anymore it just sounds like a guitar with an octave pedal

im confused :(

2. So am I. Try again, and this time give us some actual information.

Pedal make and model, and specifics about the problem...spell words correctly, punctuate, and try using sentences. If you want quality help, give quality information.

3. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    sounds like the problem is in the effects forum part of your bass

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

You might have better luck in the effects forum.

5. From what I can tell, It's just your overdrive doesn't like your amp. I had a very cheap multifx, and a very cheap practice amp, and they didnt like each other. the solution only came when I got a better amp and a better overdrive pedal (this time not a multifx, a single pedal).

The only help i can offer is that you spend some time tweaking your amp and effects pedal. just experiment with new settings and see what pleases your ears.

hope that helps

JBJ