Bass Pad

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jpalir, Sep 5, 2010.

1. jpalir

jpalir

Oct 20, 2008
    La
    So I played a gig a few years back when the ButtKickers started getting popular.

The place had a pad that each musician could stand in and feel the drums bass pedal.

I have searched the net over and over again. Maybe I am inputting the wrong words in on google and bing.

Does anyone know the name of this or where I can find them?

2. Albibass

Albibass

Nov 11, 2007
    Belgium
    The Tecamp Pleasure Board perhaps?
    Tecamp

3. jpalir

jpalir

Oct 20, 2008
    La
    Looks like what I played on. Any other brands out there?

4. Albibass

Albibass

Nov 11, 2007
    Belgium
    Not that I know about!

5. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    The pleasure board and the pleasure pump? Were still talking about bass gear, right?

6. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    Last I heard, a lot of people build their own boards to use with buttkickers. All it takes is lifting the board off the stage so the stage doesn't absorb all the vibration.

I don't think I could handle standing on a pleasure board powered by a pleasure pump to feel myself better on stage.

7. so this thing has a subwoofer in it, and just pumps subs up at you?

it sounds so stupid and rediculous, i can see my bandmates now going "look, your such an ass, you bring your own little riser to stand on?"

but i feel like that might be amazing..

8. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Inactive

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    It has eight "transducers" probably piezo or something.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021