1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass paint

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by therex, Jul 17, 2007.

1. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    i found o little "hole" in the pait of my black gsr200
    this hole is white
    my question is: what kind of paint should i use to cover this?

2. Cactusgrant

Cactusgrant

Jul 27, 2006
    Black.

3. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    i know but just any paint?

4. black gloss paint applied with a cotton bud (I think you call them Q-tips over the pond?) make sure as little as possible touches the surrounding finish.

Then sand it level with the surrounding finish, again being careful not to touch the existing finish with the sandpaper. Finally polish it up with a cotton cloth and some cream polish. It'll never be invisible, but you can make it blend in pretty well.

good luck!

5. depends on wether you want a really good finish or not, as a quick fix it could be jsut something like nail-varnish if you are not bothered or people dont regularly 'inspect' your bass closely.

6. Cactusgrant

Cactusgrant

Jul 27, 2006
    Sorry that was my attempt at a joke, but yeah black nail polish would work, it would be less noticable on a smaller hole, bigger it is the more you'd notice.

7. yes, anything over a couple of inches wide i woud stay away from black nail polish and go for something a bit more professional.

anything under that is should be acceptable, might need to re-apply it every so often if your bass gets knocked about alot (i should hope it doesnt anyway for the sake of the bass)

8. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Trust Sherwin Williams.