Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Palace!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Sep 1, 2001.

1. This store rules! I made the drive down from Ithaca, and although it was 2.5 hours each way, it was well worth it.

The basses were laid out in a thoughtful pattern--vintage Fenders were in one section, modern 5s and 6s in another, Fender/MM-style 5s in yet another, etc.

The Swami is a very nice guy--he didn't give me any crap about not buying anything, and he let me plug into a badass Aguilar DB359/GS112 setup. I came away with a lust for either the G&L L5500, blue Music Man Stingray 5, or burgundy Pulcinella Level 5 they had in stock. Now I just need a couple hundred dollars more...mmm.

Go to this store! The Swami rules!

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

I noticed they got a Mesa Boogie D-180 (400+ precursor / li'l brother).
    And it's less than what I paid for mine :(. Ain't that always the way? :p
    It's kinda' beat to hell, but still..all-tube, cascadable inputs for that
    singin' buzz-saw tone :D.

3. I live about 5 miles from the store...I bought my Warwick from there, and my old Epiphone was bought there...Both, Bob and Bernie are super to deal with...

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Same here, I got my most recent bass from Bass Palace and couldn't be happier. They are one of the few bass stores that will actually consider trade ins and to me that is a big plus.

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Just bought my Ripper fretless from them and now I'm trying to score a Pbass from them as well. great people, great businesss.
    [​IMG]

6. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    What a beauty!!!!!!!
    Nice ripper man......
    How old is it????

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thanx Caracasbass :D I'm very happy with it.
    She is a 1975 LS-9 (Super Rare) Ripper according to Bob one of 92 ever made. It play's as good as it looks. I can't believe the tone this thing has.
    It sounds killer and I got a great deal on it to.

8. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Funkster
    That is the first Ripper I've seen that wasn't black or natural. I really like that finish. Nice looking axe.

9. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thanx Turock:)
    It is a fine bass and the tobacco sunburst is killer looking.
    This the first time I have dove into the fretless world in 23 years of playing and I'm having a blast hitting all the sour notes and learning a whole new instrument.
    Thanx for the Compliment guy's....

10. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    These guy's rule and the swami has the Vibe!!!! i bought my warrior bass from these guy's.they are the most proffesional and straight up people i have ever dealt with. :) and as honest as you can get.if you guy;s are out there thanks again:D

Ted

and remember as alway's rock till ya drop !!!!!!

11. too bad i dont live in america :(

12. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I agree...Bass Palace is great! One week before the start of the recent Solo Bass Looping Tour, the bass I was planning on taking went down. The electronics shorted out...and there was trouble. Frantically I looked for an afordable backup/rplacement and went to BPalace's website. Found the Godin A4 I ended up using on the tour for a very affordable price. Called them up and explained my dilemma. On my "word" they shipped the Godin to me in California OVERNIGHT before they had rec'd and cleared my payment! Quite a bit of trust there! Needless to say, they saved the day for me. And, by the way, the Godin was in MINT condition with a hard case.
    The guys there were very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly! Now when looking for another bass, one of my first e-stops is their webpage! Highly recommended. They know their basses and ALWAYS seem to have some killers in stock...and their prices are damn good, too!
    Max

13. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I like the Palace so much that I'm taking a Roadtrip next weekend from Mass to Penn to trade my SVT Classic for this awesome Pbass,
    [​IMG]
    It would cost me like 80 bucks to ship the SVT and take a chance of it getting damaged,
    I might as well spend 40 bucks on gas and go and check out the store and play all the basses that I alway's wanted and yes I'll leave my creditcard at home. Bob was like sure come on down! Bob & Bernie are cool people in my book.

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice Pbass, Funkster.

What year is it?

15. Looks to be a early 80's sienna burst P, mm, looks nice indeed. Im gonna guess '82

16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Man you guy's are good she is a 83 all original, Bob at BP say's it's real nice got a great neck, it's pretty light and the pup is one of the meatiest (not sure on that word)
    he has heard. As far as 80's Pbasses go he gave it the one status, he's usually pretty good about that.

I can't wait to go there and play a 60's Jbass, I have never touched one! I'm looking forward to checking out a Lakland and a few others that I never see up here in NE, Should be fun.

17. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Yeah embellisher:( I just don't use it any more, I bought it when I was doing a little more studio time a few years back. The huge gigs have tappered off and I have 2 SVT3pro's and they do the trick for me now, I have a blk face one for gigging and a newer grey face one for the little studio time I get and for rehearsal.
    The CL is a good one and it sounds great but at 80lbs it's not practicle anymore, I'll probably regret sayin that in a few months.
    I also have been bitten by the pbass bug lately, I played Zoomboy's 83 P a few weeks back and I just had to have one. I loved the huge flat neck!
    That one popped up on the BP website the day I took delivery on the Ripper and I went oh crap here I go again! I'll let you know how the trip was next week when I get back.

18. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

Me too,

the used market here in Venezuela its all about Fender (MIM), Squier, Washburn (ick ick ick), Ibanez, an so.........

:( :confused:

19. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    I agree, the Palace is cool. I traded 4 basses for two new basses back in the spring and Bob and Bernie were great. Sometimes it's hard to get in touch with them but it usually worth the wait. Happy hunting.

20. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Hi Adrian. Bob was in Gaithersburg at the guitar show last weekend.