Bass Palace

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff Haley, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Does anyone have any experience with this store?How is the customer service and the prices?

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Bob and Bernardo at the Bass Palace are great guys to deal with. They are extremely helpful, and are easy to talk to. They are however VERY busy, and it is difficult to get in touch with them. Great guys though!
  3. Bob (the swami) is the best to work with. He offers great basses, accurate descriptions, fair prices, and great advice. Sometimes they get really busy and it may take a day or two to get e-mails back. Best thing I have found about the palace is it's about the only place around that you get a fair deal on a trade-in. I have done three deals in the last year with Bob and all have involved trades and I have been very happy with all of them.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I've never bought an item from Bass Palace, but I've made inquiries to them recently:

1) I asked about
    the beautiful blue Wal advertised here. The response was that it is on hold. As you can see, there's nothing to indicate that this bass is on hold.

2) I then asked about a used Warwick Streamer bass, and got no response at all. The Warwick disappeared from the site after a day or so, so maybe it was already sold, but it would've been nice to hear that this was the case.

That said, I've read very positive comments from people who have bought basses there.
  5. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    In my book Bob is a real super guy. I asked a question about availability of Bag End cabs. He got back to me right away and said that because he hadn't ordered any in quite a few months that he wouldn't be on the preferred list. This would have given better pricing. Rather than try to snow me he suggested that his prices couldn't match what I could get elsewhere.

They must be busy because they are doing things right.:)
  6. I'd agree that the Palace guys are busy, and that that's BECAUSE they are such reasonable dealers!

And they give great value on trades, as was noted above.
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i've had great experiences dealing with the guys at the bass palace. bob and bernie are good guys, honest and fair.
  8. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I've been communicating, lately with Bob. They are very busy guys. And for good reason. They run a what looks like a great business. Bob says that he gets usually about 100 emails a day. I can hardly keep up with the 20 or so that I get.

Of all the websites that I frequent, they've got one of the coolest. Great photos and descriptions. I go there just to see some great basses. The only other one that seems to stay on top of things is Bass Northwest. Another great place to deal with.

I hope that we answered Jeff's question.
  9. I bought a bass from Bass Palace, and there was a lot more wear (lots of dings through the finish and rusted screws) that wasn't visible in the single photo. Of course, it was my responsibility to ask for more details as to its condition and I didn't. The bass arrived in a timely manner, but I've never bothered to check out their inventory since then. I don't feel like I was ripped off or treated unfairly, though, so I would recommend them while suggesting that you make sure to ask for details on the bass's condition. That should've been common sense for me, but it wasn't.
  10. Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    I agree that dealing with Bob is great and his prices are fair. He is busy! He asked me to send email, but due to the volume of email he gets, calling is the only sure way to get a response.
  11. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I have Bought 6 basses from them and have had nothing but great transactions.
    they will even take a bass back if ya don't like it Weather it be now or 6 months down the road when you want something else.
    They run a awesome business, but it's only two guy's so you have to be patient!
    Highly Recommended!!!
    I even drove down there from MA (3 1/2Hrs) to check the place out and had a great time hangin with the Swami all day! Bought a nice Pbass and drove home.
  12. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I bought the Q5 at Bass Palace. They were super friendly and great to deal with. Didn't talk to Swami, but Bernardo made for very enjoyable conversation.

They shipped next business day and everything. The bass was EXACTLY as described.

I will add to the fact that they are busy. If you see a bass on the site that you want, you better call soon. They turn stuff around pretty fast.

Also, don't be too upset if you call and the bass is already gone. They are so busy that they have a hard time keeping the website up to date. I have called about a couple of basses that I was interested in, and they were already sold even though the site did not indicate this.

I would be delighted to buy from them again.

13. I echo everyone else's endorsement. I've sold a bass, bought a bass, and bought an amp through Bass Palace. Always had a good experience -- fair prices, whether buying or selling.

Bob's a nice guy. You just have to get past that east coast terseness!

Chasarms, congrats on the Modulus Q5! I dreamed about owning that very bass. Enjoy!!
  14. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Great place and great guys to deal with... Bob and Bernie are very fair and reasonable in all the transactions I have had with them... I always look forward to a trip down there and it's 5 hours for me.. Steven...
  15. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Thanks for the response. I ordered an Aguilar DB359
    head and 2 112 Aguilar cabs from the Bass Palace .
    I'm impressed with the prices and I can't wait for my new rig.
  16. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Congrats on getting some really great stuff. I'm glad that it worked out for you. :D

There are good and bad things that can be said about any retailer. Most of what I've heard and experienced from Bass Palace has been very positive.
  17. I'm very interested in the exact same rig and I'm planning to contact Bob soon regarding the DB359 and DB750 heads. Please post a review of how you like your new rig!

I've bought 4 basses from Bob and Bernie. Great guys to work with and they stand behind their deals.