1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bass parts books from full scores...

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by tbassist4, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Hi, I just had a recent post asking about Sibelius symphony bass part books and had an idea. I'm in college so we have a very well stocked music library, with full orchestral scores to many, many major works. If I were to check out one of these books and then copy the bass parts into finale by hand, could I compile a book and place it online, or would this be a violation of copyright?

2. Andrew Chilcote

Andrew Chilcote

Mar 20, 2007
    as long as you weren't selling it, i think technically no. but your college orchestra should have the parts and you might be able to request a copy of the bass part

3. Alright, sounds good. I would request one, but I'd like to just compile a book of them. I don't want to photocopy parts, because I know that's illegal. I think I'll be just find copying them by hand. It's going to take a long time, but hey, I'll know the score a little before I even bring out my bass!