1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Passport

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by swelltrain, Apr 22, 2010.

1. swelltrain

swelltrain

Mar 3, 2010
    Heellloooo!

I have only been playing bass for about 18mos now and already it has opened doors for me to life experiences I wouldn't have had otherwise.

So I was wondering, for those of you who have been at this longer than me, what experiences can you share that happened because you practiced the s***t out of your instrument?

Evenings of practicing scales got me onto a stage in Hollywood. Something I would have never dreamed of two years ago. -s

2. faiz0802

faiz0802

Mar 24, 2009
    London, UK
    I locked myself in my room and spent a year working on scales and other theory stuff. And then I got on stage for the first time at a Victor Wooten workshop. I dunno how technically great I was, and I don't care either, but Victor was smiling, the crowd was smiling, and of course, I was smiling. The lesson I learned that day was that hard work never goes to waste. And yeah, the music's always within you. All this practice is just to learn how to get it out there.