Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass pedal tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by brake, Oct 14, 2004.

1. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Who makes good ones? My guitarist uses a Korg DT-10 and I was wondering if they made such a pedal in bass form... or could I just use the guitar version?

If there's not a Korg bass version of it, does another company make one with similar features?

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Always liked the Boss TU-2 myself.

3. I second that. Great for the low B string and doesn't effect tone or dynamics to my ears.

4. TU-2. Use it in strobe mode. Love it. Cheap money and plentiful. Has onboard mute while tuning (if you dummy plug the second output)

5. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    You want a PEDAL right? Almost any guitar tuner pedal will work OK for bass. Korg in fact just came out with one...I've always had great results with Korg tuners.

6. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    Another vote for Boss TU-2. I run mine off the tuner output of a GK 700RB head. Can press the tuner mute button for silent tuning that way, don't have to wonder if the tuner is affecting my tone, which I think it does a little bit.

7. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    Peterson StroboStomp/DI, true bypass...use it with the bass temperament.

8. Tried both the Boss TU-2 and the Peterson StroboStomp, I personally prefer the StroboStomp. It's more accurate being a strobe tuner plus it doubles as a DI box, but that may be going off topic here :p

9. Vote for the boss tu-2 here. My 2 guitarists use the korg, I prefer the boss. Best 100 bucks I have ever spent imo.

10. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Another for the TU-2

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine