1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sapatown, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Sapatown

Sapatown

Sep 16, 2016
    Hey!

I play in a loud sludge band.
    Wondering what you guys think of the pedal order I got set up.

Should the preamp be first or last?
    I use it last atm.

I guess there are no rules.
    But Im a bit noob when it comes to pedal placement.

The silver pedal is a prototype homemade fuzz. I could take it out of the board. Wondering about getting the black sheep fuzz !

Love to stack them.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

bassbrad likes this.
  2. happycamper

happycamper Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Nice gear man! That's exactly how I would have put it (cant speak for the custom build as I'd have to hear it). Putting reverb after delay changed my life. If I had to describe your board in a word? Perfecto.

I've also hear a lot of good things about the black sheep but have yet to pull the trigger. Let us know how you like it if you end up getting one!

Sapatown likes this.
  3. Sapatown

Sapatown

Sep 16, 2016
    Ohh! Im flattered haha!
    Jeff from Damnation Audio made my sound!
    Good to hear. Im getting too nerdy about it lol

gregmon79 likes this.
  4. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Nice!! Dig that board. The MBD is great for all styles but I imagine it's awesome with heavier music.

I would try the VMTU last. Then I would try swapping the MBD first and last in your dirt chain. See where it sounds better stacked with the fuzzes. But that will have a pretty big effect on how those sound stacked. I would actually just play musical pedals with your dirt boxes and stack them to see where they sound best.

5. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Helped me a lot too. Between his Bloop and MBD, that is probably more than half my tone these days. I stopped using the dirty side of my B7KU this year and it really changed things up for me. But then I added the Bloop and BAM. heavenly tonzzz

6. Sapatown

Sapatown

Sep 16, 2016
    Good to hear!!
    Still testing if I should use the distortion on my Darkglass Vintage Ultra aswell.
    It gets real boosty if I kick in the distortion, but in a good way!
    Hard to teach myself all the subtle differences we can do with this .