1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Perfection!!! *at least for me*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rich McCoy, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Rich McCoy

Rich McCoy

Apr 8, 2013
    20140622_114836. Well I have to say I love this bass I built out of parts.

It consists of a 1994 Fender Squier series Jazz bass body, made in Mex.,
    A 2012 Blacktop Precision neck, also made in Mex.,
    Fender 9050ML set of strings, and a Vintage style Fender threaded barrel bridge.

I replaced the Cap with a .022 uF replacement. Weighs about 8 lbs. Nice and light, the neck plays straight and smooth.
    It has the "dreaded" neck pickup in the neck and bridge positions giving us the non-phase cancelling effect we normally get with your typical original Fender design. But...
    I really like these pickups. When playing alone you can hear the single coil buzz, but when playing in a live setting these pickup cut right through. They sit in just the right sonic zone. Turn one or both pickups up or turn the Tone knob up or down, this things sits in the mix great.

I want to get some silver knobs.

(I tried to fix the pics but the orientation is acting weird.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  2. Um...have you ever thought of editing your photos before posting them?

You can go back and delete those photos and re-post photos that are oriented correctly. You can also easily make them a bit smaller to be kinder to those who download them to view.

If you don't have any software to do that, Irfanview is free and makes it incredibly easy to rotate pictures: http://www.irfanview.com/

3. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Bass looks nice