Bass Phasers

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Heckxx, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    Whats a good phaser for bass? I currently have a Boss PH-3, but I think it cuts out a bit of the low end, being that its probably designed for guitar applications. I was thinking the Phase 90, I hear alot of good stuff about that one. Any other suggestions?
  2. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    Akai Intelliphase
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Try a EHX Small Stone and see what you think about it. I love it because of the great tone, good bass response and the simplicity. Speed dial and a tone/thickness switch, that's it.
  4. i'd suggest jsut adding this to your signal chain, even though you have alot of stuff in there anyways

here's the description off
    The Big Bottom : Here's the pedal that all you bass players have been waiting for. Designed in conjunction with Magic Dirt, this is a frequency splitter so bass players can use any guitar effects they want without loss of clarity in the bass response. Essentially what this gives you is the ability to add a distortion, phaser or whatever your favorite pedal is...and not have your signal fart out anymore! It takes the clean, driving bottom end of the signal and sends that directly to the amp, and at the same time takes the high end frequencies and runs them through an effects loop, then mixes that back in with the clean signal. It has an in/out and send/return path to mix the guitar pedals in with your bass signal. Runs on 9V battery or use the external power supply. If your a bass player and you use effects pedals, you NEED this pedal.
  5. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I have an MXR Phase 90 and I don't hear it losing any bass and I really like the tone. Only $70 too.
  6. Ditto. I prefer the Phase 90 to the Boss PH-3, but I keep the PH-3 for the Step phasing it does.
  7. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Another vote for the Phase 90. No bottom end loss, either.
  8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Haven't tried one of those gassy Pigtronix pedals yet, but the Maxon rotary phaser is top notch.
  9. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I have the Akai Intelliphase and it's pretty good no bass loss at all, but it doesn't have any extreme settings really, they're all really useable sounds.

Other problems its bigger than 2 boss pedals so this takes up lots of space on pedal boards, and finally they're discontinued, I found mine new old stock in a local music store.

You might want to try the digitech hyperphase never tried one my self but should be better than the boss.