1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass & piano jazz duet - looking for some feedback :)

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by blikeng, May 14, 2011.

1. Hi there!

I helped a friend of mine at his music technology exam (studio/recording etc.) and played the bass on a song he has composed. He's an awesome pianist and I love playing with him!

What we both appreciate very much is some feedback about this :) about playing and how you think we sound, how the mix is done, etc.

The song is called "Throwing Leaves", and you can hear it here on my myspace site:
    myspace.com/fblikeng

I am playing a 20 year old 4/4 Meinel bass, which I honestly love more than my mother, with some crappy old thomastik spinocore strings, the mic I used was a AKG C414 I think it was

cheers, blikeng

ps: feel free to say what you think about the other songs on my myspace site ;) "Bright Size Life" was recorded with a DPA 4099 placed in a very wrong position above the f-hole on the bass side, on "Karius og Baktus" I don't remember what mic that was used, so long time ago. But please, this thread is mostly about the song "Throwing Leaves" ;)