1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Player Figurines, Statues, nick-nacks...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by maxito, Dec 5, 2006.

1. maxito

maxito Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    It seems that every bass player I know has at least one figure of a bassist. Some players are extremely into collecting everything they can get their hands on. Pictures, figurines, little wire sculptures, old German nutcrackers....you name it. Curious what my fellow TBers might have, and if you would share some images of your favorites.

I'll start first by sharing a link to my online Museum of Bass:

http://maxbass.com/museum.html

Thanks!

2. Attached Files:

3. maxito

maxito Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Yeah, I remember seeing the taxidermy frog bass on eBay a few years back, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger....

4. mcnaire2004

mcnaire2004

Jan 17, 2006
    everywhere
    I have never really heard of doing that. Though, I do know a clarinetist who has Beethoven and Mozart action figures.

5. jazzbass72

jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    Hey Max,
    did you receive my contributions to the museum in the mail? Sorry it took me forever to send them. They were packed and ready to go two months ago, but I was lazy about going to the post office!

-Marco

6. Here's my favorite_ Picked it up on Beale St. in Memphis.

Attached Files:

7. I was in Memphis in February and almost got the same one.

8. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Got this guy in N'awlins.

IMG_2135.

9. oddly on the same trip that I was on through Memphis I was through Nawlins too and saw that little figurine or somethign like it in the French Quarter

10. maxito

maxito Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Maryland
    MARCO!

Si! Grazie molto, il mio amico! They arrived last week, and have been given a place of honour in the Bass Museum. I hope that when you are in my neck of the woods again you have time to hang for a while.

11. kurtsnyder

kurtsnyder

Oct 31, 2006
    Nashville
  12. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Ah, the ultimate in transparent sound! :D

13. mcnaire2004

mcnaire2004

Jan 17, 2006
    everywhere
    I wasn't paying attention today. And, when you said "Hey Max" it scared the **** out of my. (My name is Max to)

14. Jeff Guevin

Jeff Guevin I know you love me like cooked food.

Nov 6, 2005
    Binghamton, NY
    It scared me, too, because my CIA code name is "Max", and "contributions to the museum" means "your cover has been blown."

15. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Perhaps not coincidentally, Marco's code name is "Scooter".