Bass player identity question

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Andy Daventry, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Has anyone heard of a bass player called (I think) Eric Jonathan Udel?

He's the bassist for the Blues Brothers band tour of Turkey next month, and the promoter has asked to rent my P bass for the tour. I just wondered who he was....
  2. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You might get better responses in the BASSISTS forum.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well, you can't know everybody, can you? ;)
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i haven't ever hears that name. but isn't strange that a pro is asking to rent a P bass.... they are not so rare or hard to find. mmhh....
  5. Not, it's not strange. The band is flying in, doing the tour, and flying out. I think they want my P as a back up. They have also asked for an SVT (air freight is expensive!), a couple of red knob twins and a Tele.

There is currently ONE new MIA P bass for sale in the whole of Turkey, and that's fretless. It's a rather nice '96 CAR finish P, if anyone's interested...

This is not an exaggeration.

Anyway, I found out the guy has been Matt Murphy's bass player for the past 15 years.
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    now it makes much more sense! and i understand the whole situation! if you are sure about the situation and if you are able to borrow your bass, it could be nice see your bass in action in the hands of a pro! if I were you, i'd agree.