Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass PLayer Jazz Pickup Shootout

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Peter Weil, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Peter Weil

Peter Weil Seeker of The New Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Well, ever since Bassplayer.com has killed their archive ( :crying: ), of course I find myself needing to have a look at the Jazz Pickup shootout from a few years back.

Anyone out there have a copy of it electronically? I'd love to get my hands on it again. Perhpas some kind soul would email it to me? (Please PM me if you have a copy of it......)

Thanks all.

Pete

2. Peter Weil

Peter Weil Seeker of The New Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    :help:

Yoo hoo! Anybody?

:confused:

Pete

3. Search this forum for SMASH's Pickup Shootout. In it he gives both his and Bass Player's reviews and ratings for multiple pickups.

4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Smash's Summer Showdown (top of the Pickups forum) quoted the Bass Player Shootout quite a bit as I recall. Maybe he's got a copy of it.

5. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183880

Mo'

6. I already have the P pickup shootout, and am trying to acquire the J article. If I can get a decent copy, I will host it on my web site.