Bass Player Live - Be my guest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bill Leigh, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Bill Leigh

Bill Leigh Editor In Chief, Bass Player Magazine

Apr 8, 2003
    Hey guys,

I've been neck-deep in helping finalize the clinic and performance schedule for BASS PLAYER Live!, the two-day conference and exhibition we're putting on this weekend at New York's Park Central Hotel and the China Club (see for complete details).

I'm completely stoked by the group of players who've signed on for the class schedule alone: Will Lee, Anthony Jackson, Dave Ellefson (Megadeth), our own Ed Friedland, Matt Garrison, Gail Ann Dorsey (Bowie), Rhonda Smith (Prince), Reggie Hamilton, Mike Pope, Bakithi Kumalo (Paul Simon's Graceland), Matt Rubano (Taking Back Sunday) and tons more. Then there's the concert: the Fab Faux (Will Lee's Beatles tribute band), Anthony Jackson with Wayne Krantz on guitar and Cliff Almond on drums, Oskar Cartaya and Enclave, adn Reggie Hamilton. There'll be gobs of gear to ogle as well, as we have a full exhibition hall of bass folks--Aguilar, Lakland, Fender, SWR, Joey G (those three Euro fretless basses we reviewed earlier this year were from Joey), and many more. Line 6 will be debuting something pretty darn special as well.

I could go on... as you can tell I'm having trouble containing my excitement. I'm hoping to meet many of you TBers there, too. Let me know if you're planning to be there.

I've just found out I'm able to invite some of you to come to the show as my guest-listers. The catch is... I need to know by 3 pm PST today. Yes, that's about 3 hours from now. So... if you want to be on the BP Live guest list, courtesy of me, be one of the first ten to PM with your name and e-mail address.

Hope to see you there!

Bill Leigh
    Editor in Chief
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. {OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    PM sent! W00t!!!! :hyper: :bassist:
  4. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Wow! What a great offer to find posted on TB! Wayyyy cool! :cool:

Wish I could avail myself, but I'm a "fair bit down the road" here in Texas.

Bravo for making the offer here, Bill!

5. Bigwig

Dec 27, 2003
    i never saw him as skilled enough to lecture confrences..but hes got a great sound in tbs.

wish i could make it.
  6. I wish I could go... Any chance this will be an annual event? Because next year, I'm SO there! Kudos to Mr. Leigh, have fun guys!