Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Player magazine april fools joke

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Danny R., Mar 29, 2003.

1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

OK, i got my Bass Player magazine on the mail 3 days ago, april issue, i was reading about the NAMM show and i saw this little "accessorie" on page 42, hmmm this must be the april fools joke, it goes like this:
    "Players who perform multiple styles of music know the importance of versatile, gig-appropiate looks. FLO PRO LISA's new STRAPPIN' LAD auto-strap adjuster ($219) helps. The battery-operated unit, which can easily be installed on most straps, can re-adjust your instrument strap lenght with the flick of a switch, so when the style of music changes, you're ready. The STRAPPIN' LAD has four preset strap lenghts: FUSION, POP, PUNK and SHOEGAZER"
    Now this must be the april fools joke, if it isn't then they forgot the FUNK preset strap lenght :D

2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    That's pretty funny, but I believe it. The strap I made for one of my basses has one of those clips from a tool belt, so it goes from waist height to thigh height when I unhook the clip. It's not for looks, though. I use pretty different hand movements when playing with and without a pick. I don't change back and forth much between lengths; I used to keep my strap lower, but now the lowest it goes is not that low. Maybe I could market it in BP...

3. Amethska

Amethska

Jan 27, 2003
    NJ, USA
    Haha, I laughed when I saw that thing. :p

4. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I thought FLO-PRO was a muffler company. :confused:

5. I don't think I would ever spend that much on something so dumb. I play my bass at pretty much one height, so I don't change the length of the strap that often. Maybe their is a niche in the economy for such a product:rolleyes: .

jtbp

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    OMG DO THEY SELL THESE!!

[​IMG]

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Am I the only one who noticed that FLO PRO LISA is an anagram for "April Fools?"

8. no, i noticed it too.

9. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    umm... yea, I noticed it, too. I was just waiting, because I didn't... want to spoil it for anyone. Yea, that's the ticket! And I also noticed that bassmonkeee is an anagram for "beee monk ass". Shall we do the Mensa Secret Handshake?

10. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    No, that's Flowmaster. :)

11. Danny R.

I fixed it a little:D
    [​IMG]

12. GAH!:eek: what did you do to poor dave????:bawl:

13. Danny R.

I made him pretty:D

14. LOL! that made my day.

15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ouch

16. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Nah, I'm pretty sure theres one called Flo Pro. Its a cheaper Flowmaster. ;)

17. lol:D