Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BASS PLAYER Magazine late this month?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kobass, May 28, 2004.

1. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I notice on bassplayer.com that the new issue is out with Rhonda Smith on the cover. I usually get mine in the mail around the fifteenth of each month, but I still don't have it. Is anyone else "late this month?" :mad:

2. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I still don't have mine either.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I got it about 2 weeks ago.

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Any good pics of Rhonda inside? Wait, let me rephrase that...

;)

5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Working for Prince has to be the coolest job or the worst job. Wait till you read the article. "I play the Jazz bass because HE likes the tone". - Rhonda

6. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    If you ever get the chance rent a double DVD called "An evening with Kevin Smith". He's "Silent Bob" and the director/writer that did Clerks, Mallrats, etc. Its hilarious :D . He's got a pretty intertaining story about how Prince hired him to do a documentary for Princes last album and how the guy was living in "Prince world". Highlights contain an example of how Prince wanted a camel one night in the middle of Minnesota in December and he wasn't able to understand why his employees couldn't complete such a simple request :rolleyes: .

7. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    classic. sounds like James Brown relived.

8. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Not that good, but she's really hot so it's okay.

I got mine at Borders on Monday.

9. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    If you bitch enough to Bass Player you'll get a couple free issues. I did that last year and got an extra 6 issues on the end of my subscription for my trouble.

10. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Thanks for the advice! I'll call them today! :D

11. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Free issues you say?

I was happy to find the new ish on the table this week--someone got me a gift subscription. Score! :D

12. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Hey Firkin,
    I did call BP. They apologized and offered to extend my subscription an extra month. Thanks again for the headsup!

:D

13. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    dig. help a brotha out, that's what I say.

14. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    word! :cool:

15. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Glad to see Bass Player is still bordering on the inept. My issues used to arrive late AND damaged.
    ...picked up the new issue today at B&N.

16. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    First of all, lets just clarify that there are no bad pictures of Rhonda Smith.....anywhere. She is not at all hard on the eyes. As for her playing a Jazz bass instead of her more modern sounding basses, I could understand how the tone of a Jazz might work better within the context of a big band. It is Princes band, and it is a really tight band at that.

17. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Okay everyone...

Be quiet about the subcription extending tricks before BP finds out... :ninja:

18. scatman

scatman

Jun 12, 2003
    In support of KeithPas,

There are quite a few ads with Rhonda on them. Anyone who thinks that Rhonda is not fine is straight buggin! And anyone who doesn't like her playing Jazz Basses, y'all trippple bugggin!!!!!!!

By the way, I saw Prince and Rhonda in 98, with Larry Graham and Chaka Khan. Rhonda is NAAAAAAAAS-TEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

19. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Scatman has my full support in his post. Full. Support.

I just picked up the "Groove" issue last week! Jeez, I'm way out of the loop. Speaking of which, it had to be the best issue I've ever read, although I missed the March one. Dang.