1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass player magazine

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yvon, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I received a subscription for bass player for xmast. I received the jan. issue but not the Feb. and I received March. I E-mailed them 3 for my missing issue and call once. Still nothing.
    Did it ever happend to you?
    What should I do next?

2. Never happened to me. I'd pay em a visit and kick their butts! hehehe j/k

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I can tell you this: I've been a subscriber from day One. Every time I've had a problem, I had to go straight to the Editor to get anything done. Their customer service people are a complete waste of oxygen. Email the Editor if you want action...you'll not get any otherwise.

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I've been a subscriber for about 5 years and one year I did miss issues, more than once. I called and they were actrually pretty nice to me. They sent the issue I was missing (and I usually wound up getting the original a week or so after also). They even sent me extra copies for free one time when my band had gotten reviewed.

I may have told them that I was considering cancelling my subscription. A little threat never hurts :).

5. I gave up my long standing sub 'cos of erratic supply. There was a time in the old days, when the subscribers got their issues way ahead of shops, then they changed things, and I started receiving them after they appeared in the shops, plus some issues did'nt come at all.

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Yvon, don't you live in Canada? I have a sneaking suspicion that you won't get much satisfaction from Bass Player about a foreign subscription. When I lived abroad, I had nothing but trouble with magazines. Since I have lived back in the U.S., I haven't missed an issue of Bass Player in three and a half years.

JO

7. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I'm suprised you didn't have to take a maths test to get the subscription! ;)