Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass player magazine

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yvon, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I received a subscription for bass player for xmast. I received the jan. issue but not the Feb. and I received March. I E-mailed them 3 for my missing issue and call once. Still nothing.
    Did it ever happend to you?
    What should I do next?

2. Never happened to me. I'd pay em a visit and kick their butts! hehehe j/k

3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I can tell you this: I've been a subscriber from day One. Every time I've had a problem, I had to go straight to the Editor to get anything done. Their customer service people are a complete waste of oxygen. Email the Editor if you want action...you'll not get any otherwise.

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I've been a subscriber for about 5 years and one year I did miss issues, more than once. I called and they were actrually pretty nice to me. They sent the issue I was missing (and I usually wound up getting the original a week or so after also). They even sent me extra copies for free one time when my band had gotten reviewed.

I may have told them that I was considering cancelling my subscription. A little threat never hurts :).

5. I gave up my long standing sub 'cos of erratic supply. There was a time in the old days, when the subscribers got their issues way ahead of shops, then they changed things, and I started receiving them after they appeared in the shops, plus some issues did'nt come at all.

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Yvon, don't you live in Canada? I have a sneaking suspicion that you won't get much satisfaction from Bass Player about a foreign subscription. When I lived abroad, I had nothing but trouble with magazines. Since I have lived back in the U.S., I haven't missed an issue of Bass Player in three and a half years.

JO

7. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I'm suprised you didn't have to take a maths test to get the subscription! ;)