1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Player Magazine's BP LIVE IN LOS ANGELES, CA: November 1+2!

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Jay Terrien, Sep 26, 2008.

1. I just found out that Bass Player Magazine is holding their annual BP Live event on the West Coast this year in Los Angeles, CA!:
    http://bassplayerlive.com/

I will be there saving souls and converting sinners. Who else is going to be there?

Hope to see you in LA! :)

Jay

2. I'll be there. I'm so glad they're having it in LA this time. I FINALLY get to go :hyper:

I already received my tickets about 3 weeks ago :D

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

yarghhhhhhhhh why do i have to be in la jolla?

4. Why not just make the drive up? It's not that far from you. :)

5. Anybody else going to go?

6. We can't possibly be the only TBrs to be going to this. :confused:

7. I was thinking about it... which is better to go to, the day event, or the concert at the Key Club?

8. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I think i will be there Nov 2nd, I will be with Lace

9. I am going to the day events on both the 1st and 2nd.

10. LaceMusic

LaceMusic

Apr 29, 2008
    Artist Relations Lace Music

You better be! I will, too. Sunday.

Stop by and say hi if you're there, bass dudes.

11. I think I read somewhere that you can only buy concert tickets if you also buy a pass for at least one day of clinics.

They have a schedule up now on the BPL page that shows who's doing clinics on each day.

P.S. I'm going to both day events and the concert. I'm HARDCORE :D

12. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    I decided to just purchase a 1-day ticket so I'll be there on the 1st to get 2 hours more for my money... I wanted to go to the concert but I snoozed and only purchased tickets last night and it's at $40 already (a day earlier than announced)... So x-nay on that.

If you care to pm me your number, I would love to meet some if not all TB'ers that are going.

13. I'll likely be going on the Saturday - and might come by the concert in the evening as well. I got a buddy who knows someone, who knows someone, who's sister dated the guitar player from the opening band for Aerosmith back in the 90's who might get me a pass. ;) We'll see if that pans out...

The TB people should wear "pins" or something... but it looks like there will only be a few of us there. PM me later in the week if anyone wants to hook up at the event on Saturday, and I should know if I'm going.

14. IB3K

IB3K

Sep 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Yes I will be there on the 1st rubbing elbows!:hyper:

15. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I'm looking forward to seeing some TB'ers there :) I'll be flying in on Fri.

16. It's great to see more people planning to go.

If anyone wants to meet up...please PM me and i'll give you my cell. I'd love to meet some other TBrs :)

17. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    I'll be there too - can't wait!

18. a1bassguy

a1bassguy

Aug 14, 2008
    Montville, NJ
    Bummed its not in NYC this year, it was becoming a tradition for me and my bass playing son to go every year.

Have fun west coast bassists!

19. RockBoxBass

RockBoxBass Supporting Member

Yeah, I hear ya. BUt La will be cool I think. NY has its challenges. And DAMN its expensive. Im coming for 4 days this year and its gonna be way less than my reg 3 days in the city. Maybe we could get them to come to New Orleans next year. What a party would that turn into!!! Hey bassXgirl, do you have a myspace??

20. Just got back from the event today. Skipping the concert tonight - I'm all "bassed" out! (It's not as bad as hearing 6 guitarists all playing at once in a room, but 6 bass players playing all at the same time at different booths, really starts to wear on you after a couple hours!)

The event was really good - nice size - small enough to talk to the guys that make the stuff I buy (or want to buy). I wasn't overwhelmed by the size at all (well, except maybe by Markbass & Fender - they each had a large room filled with their stuff - never seen so many Markbass cabs & amps all in one space!). And b/c everyone was a bass player, it was very laid back. :)

Notable performances by countless people I saw.... from 5-10' away. Crazy. Still a bit "star struck". Ok - going to eat some food... none available at the event!