Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass player needed...must play fast

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by thechristianman, Oct 17, 2005.

1. thechristianman

thechristianman

Oct 17, 2005
    we need a bass player.....u must play speed metal and want to be in a speed metal christian band...looking for bassist.....if u live in north huntingdon pa....hit me up at cantstndthepain6...and talk to me about it :hyper: :help:

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You mean like that typewriter crap the teenies play in Guitar Center to "impress" people?

3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Christian speed metal? Isn't that an oxymoron?

4. I think he means that 'bliddle-liddle-liddle-di-diddle-diddle-diddle-dat-yiddley-WEEEEEOOOOOUUUGH-yiddley-yiddley' like Steve Harris only FAAAAAST stuff. Seriously, I'm intrigued w/the concept of Christian speed metal. Thechristianman, it would be nice to hear a sample when you do find a bassist.

5. Do you know where the term(oxymoron)comes from?

6. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    An oxymoron is a figure of speech that combines two normally contradictory terms. Oxymoron is a Greek term derived from the adjectives oxys ("sharp, keen") and moros ("blunt, dull").

:D

7. THe first time I saw it was in 'Brave new world'(by Aldous Huxley,IIRC). An oxymoron was a factory-bred human(as all humans are in this story)purposely given a low oxygen supply in order to breed a person well-suited to menial tasks. The author could have used the Greek derived word, I suppose. I shall go google...

8. You right! I thought I was smart- apparently I didn't get enough oxygen as a fetus...

I gotta go talk to ol' Aldous Huxley! :rolleyes:

Edit: I am,(again)apparently a complete moron. I don't know where this false memory came from, but after skimming the afrementioned book online, I surmise that the term 'oxymoron' does not feature, in any substantial manner, in the story at all. But I digress/hijack...more on topic: Wheedley-wheedley-deedle-deedle-dit-dit-DUNNNNNNH!!! Tha's what I think he's talkin' about. BTW, now that I have a better understanding for the true meaning of ,oxymoron', I must say that I don't think playing speed metal & being a Christian are mutually exclusive undertakings. An unusual combination, yes- but I imagine these guys are not the only ones doing so(or attempting to til they get a bass player ;) ).

9. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Oh God...... :rollno:

What he said...

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    You may want to put up a classifield on www.rockpage.net

As far as being tied into the Central Pa scene, that's the site to be at. Our singer's from up that way (Alexandria), we play the County Line Inn on a pretty regular basis.

11. At least quote where I realized I'm a dufus. :( Like I said, I guess I'm the one who didn't get enough oxygen.

12. I've got the sinking suspicion that you're post isn't getting the response you wanted... :meh:

Try a different color and try explaining what the hell "cantstndthepain6" is. Try, also, to talk to the bassists here like we're not in grade school...

"u" is spelled "y-o-u". Just a thought...

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Oh yes, and welcome to TalkBass and congratulations on your first post. Can you feel the love?

14. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Sorry dude didnt see it in time.....

it's all good :)

15. I shouldn't be so(*Michael Jackson voice on*)sensitive... :rolleyes: At least not while I'm on TB. ;)

16. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ

17. I am the fastest in all the world!
    I can play sooooo fast you can't even hear it.

To listen click
    HERE

Attached Files:

18. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Thats the best post I've seen in a long time.

19. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    Glendale, AZ
    Got me on that one, too.

20. CodyDEM

CodyDEM

Oct 21, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Oh! My! God! .. this thread blows my mind.. I am just sitting here stunned, sorry to bump it, but is this for real or a joke? I must know !

THe first time I saw it was in 'Brave new world'(by Aldous Huxley,IIRC). An oxymoron was a factory-bred human(as all humans are in this story)purposely given a low oxygen supply in order to breed a person well-suited to menial tasks. The author could have used the Greek derived word, I suppose. I shall go google...

if he was being genuine there, I might die of laughter and shock.