Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Player or collector of Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StringMan50, Nov 14, 2005.

1. StringMan50

StringMan50

Jan 12, 2004
    USA
    I own three basses and I try to play a different one every month or so. Do most people do this or do they just play there favorite bass.

2. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    I sometimes alternate. My Ibanez gives me a raunchier sound, and some sparkling treble. I do have to adjust my amp settings to get the other sound I like and that is always a pain. I should really write them down.

Yes, that is the answer. Write down your amp settings first. ;)

3. I own one bass, guess. :D

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I use whatever bass I need at a particular time. Most of the time it's my favorite. But I'll trot out some of the other ones now and then for fun.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Whatever strikes me at the moment.

6. Gotta admit; there's two of four that sit most of the time. One's an acoustic, purchased for a specific gig and hasn't been used much since. The other is my Rick. I've gotten two others since then that cover what I need and the Rick hasn't seen much action these days, but I don't want to give it up. So.....I guess that the Rick is my "collector"'s bass, the acoustic is my "I'll trade it off" bass, and there's two others that get used regularly.

7. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    I use three basses, at the moment.
    1966-P-bass with flats.
    Mike Lull P-5 with rounds
    Fretless-4-string with Labella Tape wounds.
    I can get a wide range of sounds with these basses.