Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Bass Player" screwed up my subscription

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Bass Player really messed up my subscription. About 3 months ago I sent in my renewal payment (early). However, I continued to get end of subscription notices. I e-mailed them, and they responded that they had not received my payment. So I went to the bank, got a copy of the cancelled check, and faxed it to them. About a week later, I emailed them again. They again asked for the cancelled check. I responded back that I had already sent it :mad: They finally confirmed that they received the payment and my subscription was renewed. That was about a month ago, and I still have not seen an issue. I emailed them again and they did not respond. What is up over there? :mad: :confused:

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Let me tell you, they screwed up my subscription and I squeaked loud enough to get the grease.

Just go to archive.bassplayer.com and get the phone number for customer service. Then call and start bitching and don't let them off the phone. Decide what kind of action you want in order to rectify before you call and if you aren't getting that from the cust. service rep then tell them you want to hear from central office. I did this after they made a big-time screw-up with my subscription. I had received my Dec. and Jan. issues and it was almost March and I hadn't received my Feb. and March issues. They had on their records that my subscription was supposed to start in April despite the fact that it had already started. After talking two reps I ended up telling them that I wanted to hear from the head office and that I wanted both issues in my hands by the following week. I never heard from head office but I had both issues by that next Friday (all the rep. could have done herself was get them to me "in 4 to 6 weeks").

I'd say if you're not making headway then show a little emotion but don't be degrading. People make mistakes and cust. service people usually have very little pull on their own but they can escalate to higher powers that will often rectify in a good way. That's just my little experience...hope it helps. Don't keep pursuing the email path because emails are too easy to blow off.

brad cook

ps - dig the avatar! Gentle Giant rules!

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks Dig, I will call them. I just pisses me off that I have had to waste so much time on this.:mad:

Yes , Gentle Giant is arguably the greatest prog rock band of all time. I was fortunate enough to see them live many times in the 70's. Ray Schulman was a phenonmenal bass player, and a kick ass violinist. It always amazed me how they could jump from classical quintet to rock band in the same song! :eek:

4. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I haven't gotten 4 of the last 5 months' issue. I call every time, and they extend my subscription, and promise they will fix it every time.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that the good part of my BP saga is that I got the Dec-Mar issues but my subscription now doesn't officially start until April, so I got 4 issues for free. I just hope I don't have the same problems that Tubass is currently having. I never had any problems like that before so I hope that between BP and the USPS everything goes ok.

brad cook

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Guitar World has never done me wrong. :p

7. for shizzle my nizzle. bass player sucks, i lost all faith in them when they featured keyboards. i learn more from Guitar Player columns about theory and stuff than Bass Player. Music Player network messed them up.