1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Player Wear?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DWBass, Dec 30, 2006.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

We as bass players are unique! We feel it and I'm sure we'd all like to look the part! What kind of clothing and head wear would be desirable to you that you can't find in any average clothing store?? Other than Lathon, I don't see any alternatives.

Caps/headgear
    Dress Shirts (not just T-Shirts)
    Slacks
    Jackets
    The obligatory t-shirts (short & long sleeve)
    Hoodies
    Sweaters

Also

Speaker and Amp covers (a cheaper alternative than what's out there currently)

The reason I'm asking is I know a really good seamstress who is interested in adding the above items to her business! I'm working on setting up a website for her! She's been in business for over 10 years. I've seen her designs (also interior designing) and I can vouch for her work and professionalism!

If this is something that interests y'all and y'all have designs or ideas on what you'd like to see, reply here or PM/E-mail and I'll pass it along to her.

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I wear a Santa suit.

3. suggest she make reasonably priced iPod covers, I was checking yesterday and even the cheap ones cost about 25$, thats about as much as my jeans cost (I love target). If she could make them for 15$ or less they would probably sell pretty well

4. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I own two Sadowsky shirts and one Lakland T-shirt . . .

Depends on what you're looking for.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm fine in your usual gear. However, I'd love a Kubicki cap. If only Phil made them :(

6. They should make bass clef sweatbands and wristbands. The wristbands could double as mutes, too! For those that use them, that is.

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Ya' know that suit Bootsy wears? With the Marvel Super Villian shoulder pads? I could use a few shirts like that, in black, 4xlt. How much?

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    A guitar player I used to occasionally jam with had a robe/coat/duster thing that I always thought was cool, but they didn't exist in size gigantonormous.

Someone started with a cloth that was kind of like unbleached heavy cotton sailcloth, similar to denim, buta very pale beige. Then they painted something on it (in BIG stroles) that looked like Japanese writing. Then they cut it up and made these kind of kimono-like/duster-ish coats.

I think I saw Vernon Reid wearing one in an ad once.

I don't know where I would wear it, but even now, better than fifteen years after I last remember seeing Peter's coat, I would totally dig having one.