Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Player

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jkrobs, Feb 3, 2006.

1. jkrobs

jkrobs

Feb 2, 2006
    Hi there, I just recently orderd a Yamaha BB614 in the Colour Natural Yellow. It's Gonna be 2 weeks before ir arrives at my local music shop..but Im so excited!

Firstly Im new to Bass..actully I can't play the bass at all. But I just wanted to get one. I need to learn about all the parts of an electric bass, how to tune it and change strings and so on.

At the end of March, Im off to Japan to be with my Japanese fiance in Osaka. Her Brother is an excellent Lead Guitarist. So Im hoping if I can work hard at the bass, maybe I could play along side him just for fun really. But I wanna learn as much as possible before I got there. Offcours Im gonna be taking the guitar with me in my hard case.

But if anyone can give me some good advice on how to learn the bass guitar the best way..not saying I will be an expert over night..but if you guys no good tips..please tell me

cheers

2. Get a teacher. That will help you the most in giving you tips on your technique and how to play.

Also, check internet sites for tips. The net is a great resource these days.

And lastly, practice practice practice!

3. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    17 years in, I cling to the hope this will eventually happen to me :)

I haven't tried it myself, but the musicdojo website looks to be without compare for rapid distance learning. Also check out the general instruction forum here.